Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First day of school

Monday was Mom's first day back to work, and the girls first day at school! Caroline liked it from the get go, and the report from her teacher is that she spent the afternoon smiling and sleeping.
Annabel, however, did not like it nearly as much as her first day of school last year. The drop-off was hard on Mom as Annabel cried real tears and screamed "Momma, Momma" while reaching out for me. I could hear her wailing as I got Caroline settled in her room far down the hallway. I made the mistake of returning to the scene of the abandonment and the wailing intensified. When Scott picked her up, she was having a great time in the gym with the gigantic exercise balls. When I dropped her off yesterday, she immediately started climbing on the playhouse and slide, and then stole a chicken nugget from another kid's lunch bin in the fridge. Completely back to being Annabel! So here's a second day of school picture.



No comments: